October 12, 2009

A Baby's Story

About a year ago this week I became an aunt. My little sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. The entire family was thrilled. We were all under the spell of this little blue eyed boy. Then I found out C and I were excepting our first baby. We were all stunned and happy. I had a fairly easy pregnancy until the end. I developed pregnancy induced hypertension. I had to stop working and was on light bed-rest. For my safety and the baby's the doctor induced; after about 18 hours of labor I was taken in for a c-section. The little monster was born and everything was OK. We were released from the hospital and sent home to figure this whole mommy and baby thing out. About 2 weeks later I was super sick and admitted to the hospital. My c-section was super infected. (I'll spare you the details.) I was in the hospital for about a week with around the clock antibiotics. I almost died from the infection. My doctor couldn't believe how bad it was. However, I was lucky and recovered from the infection fairly quick. I had to stop breastfeeding because of the medicines. The little Monster is doing well and goes for his 4 month check up on Wednesday. I love being his mother. I am amazed by how much I love him and how wonderful he is.

No comments: