October 4, 2011

Blanket love...

I have a blanket from when I was young that I love. It's yellow, which is my least favorite color. It has a hole in it and the material feels more like wool than chasmere. My mother had it knitted/crocheted for me.  I've take that blanket on every move with me even though I don't sleep with it on a regular basis.I LOVE this blanket. I don't even let my dogs on it. I've been looking for a blanket like that for Monkey. One that will go to college with him, one that he will take to his first apartment and maybe into his first home as a married man and maybe one day he'll cuddle with his kids under it. I can't find anyone that knits/crochets anymore, unless they are on etsy. I can't really afford them. Sadly... I mean look how perfect these are...

Granny Square Baby Blanket Turquoise Green BrownGranny Square Baby Blanket Penelope

I LOVE this shop... All Things Granny

So what's a momma to do? I bought yarn, needles and a crochet hook. I'm going to knit or crochet a blanket for my baby. I've never even attempted this type of craft before. I can't sew to save my life unless you need a button sewn on with half a spool of thread.


Wish me luck!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And that's going to make it even more special, that you did it yourself! Good luck! I think you're gonna do great. I can't wait to see the finished product.