Happy freaking New Year. I'm so ready for this year to be over. So this post is going to be all about the New Year, starting with an idea I stole from Lauren at mommyisrocknroll.com I <3 Lauren's blog. />
Decade in Review, Nerdy Momma Edition
2000- I graduated from high school, barely. I was working in a daycare. Life was simple and that was good. I lived with two friends in a Townhouse.
2001- I tried college and didn't follow thru. I was working at a Cig store and dating my boss. I became pregnant and lost it and the boss/boyfriend. I was also fired after that. It was hard.
2002- I started working at another daycare center and I met the love of my life. My parent's were breaking up. Life was bittersweet.
2003- My heart was really broken for the first time as an adult. I left the day care and went to work as a nanny for a really cool family that eventually had 3 boys. Life was fun.My parents figured things out and were back together. However my mom was battling cancer.
2004- I was still working as a nanny and trying to go to school. I was dating and enjoying being young.
2005- More of the same from 2004.
2006- More of the same. I still wasn't dating anyone seriously. I met some really interesting people. I moved in with a friend and her son while her hubby was in Iraq and then I moved out. I loved it. I also was in a car wreck that totaled my car but I was fine.
2007- This was a hard year. My mom passed away. She fought long and hard but she just couldn't fight anymore. RIP Momma. You are missed.
2008- I moved into my own apartment in Plano. I loved it! I got back with my one true love and he moved in with me in June. I left my job as a nanny and went to work at a preschool in Allen. My little sister had a baby boy.
2009- I had a baby!!!!! Moved back to my hometown. Became a stay at home mom and started this blog.
*I may be off a bit on some of the years This past decade had a lot of action and mixed drinks. I think I got the highlights. I left out world event seeing as you guys know all about those. I'm so glad this year is over and I'm ready to see what this coming decade has in store for me and my little family.
And how about a new year's eve quiz.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I had a baby. I had major surgery and two hospital stays.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't keep a single. This year I haven't made any. I'm just going to be the best me I can be.
3.Did anyone close to you give birth?
I did, my cousin and my "sister-in-law"
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
6-9-09 I became a mommy!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Becoming a mommy
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't know. Maybe not taking good care of myself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My c-section got uber infected and I ended up being in the hospital for a week.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I have no idea.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A few people. I'm not going to talk about it tho.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, food and babystuff.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having my son, my little sister having a baby girl.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Um. I have no idea.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Much happier.
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? Financially, poorer. Emotionally, richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taken better care of myself. and saved money.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Devoted energy to arguments and worry about others reactions
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We opened presents here and went to Meme's house and to my sisters house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I stayed in love, does that count? But I fell in love with my son.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Top Chef, Dexter, Big Love, Bones, Family Guy, Criminal Minds and Law and Order SVU
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. I no longer respect a few people but I don’t hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
The Sookie Stackhouse books.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Iron and Wine. I know they have been around for awhile but I fell in love with them this year.
26. What did you want and get?
A healthy baby
27. What did you want and not get?
A sorrow-free year for the people I love.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 and I hung out with my boyfriend and went to buy maternity pants.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Peaceful sleep. Still.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Comfy and cute
32. What kept you sane?
C! He calms me
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
alexander skarsgard, eric from true blood
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Several states failing to provide gay marriage rights.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My son! :P
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Shit can change very quickly. Be present. Give yourself love and affection. Breathe.
Happy New Year to Everyone! I hope 2010 brings you hope, health, happiness, love and luck and everything you dream of.