February 26, 2010

Baby Gear....

I've ran across several blogs lately that have been talking about all the gear available for babies and kids. It's overwhelming. I remember before I had Monkey I thought a lot of this stuff was crap. I felt like the companies were taking advantage of new moms and dads by playing on theirs hopes and fears. I mocked the baby carriers, cart covers, and weird baby seats. Then I became pregnant and thought I needed everything to help me raise my child and keep him safe. Thank goodness C didn't let me by a lot of crap. Luckily, we had some friends with older babies that gave us things they were no longer using.

I'm not a huge germaphobe but I'm a bit careful especially after the huge h1n1 breakout. So I was really glad we had received a cart seat cover. I used it hoping to protect Monkey from germs. A few times I didn't use it the little guy was uncomfortable in the cart and he tried to "chew" all over it.

Things Monkey and I used- the boppy a lot, jumpers,shopping cart cover blankets and binkies

Things we didn't use- bottle warmer, vibrating baby seat and burp cloths.

The item I'm most grateful for is a $4 lovey we call "blue" Monkey sleeps with it, chews on its ear, shakes it and play peek-a-boo with it. Blue is my hero. My son's face lights up we he sees it. It has sved the day during dinner with friends, long grocery shopping trips and has magic powers that help teething.


No comments: