I'm not a very green person. I do try to re-use and reduce but I don't recycle. I really believe
that if everyone continually does one good thing it can lead to big changes. I'm not an expert on being green so I just thought I would share some information I've come across.
10 Easy Ways to Go Green
- Unplug Things That Glow. If it has LED lights its using power even when off.
- Recycle Your Electronics. You can also donate old cell phones.
- Shop at the Farmers Market. Support LOCAL!!!
- Stop drinking from plastic water bottles. Get something re-usable
- Mow your lawn less and when you do leave the clippings! Save money by letting grass clippings remain on your lawn; it adds nitrogen to the soil and discourages weed seeds from germinating. You'll need less fertilizer and herbicide. Plus, leaving clippings on lawns means less in landfills; in 2005 Americans disposed of more than 12 million tons of yard waste.
- Buy appliances and other items with the Energy Star.
- Do full loads of laundry. Line dry if you can
- Carpool! If work is close enough to walk or bike, do that!
- Ditch Disposables. That means paper plates and the like. Diapers too! I plan on cloth diapering baby number 2.**Whenever that happens**
- Instead of buying books; go digital or go to the library. I love my kindle!