January 2, 2012

Books I read in 2011

As most of you know I challenged myself to read 100 books last year. I did it! It seems kind of silly to be so proud of something small like that. It's something I did just for me. It was a selfish goal, completely indulgent. I adore books and reading and it's a little escape for me. I'm so doing it again this year.  I'm sure some of you may be wondering just which 100 books kept me company this year... you're not? Hm, well too bad, I'm sharing with you anyway...

Actually, I'll just share my top  books of the year and I'll give you guys a lovely link to explore the whole list on your own. :)

My  Favorite Books of 2011.

1. The Hunger Games Trilogy. by Suzanna Collins



This is easily one of my favorite series EVER. I was completely transported and lost in the world Suzanna Collins created. (Yes, I'm aware that it may be considered "young adult' but it was captivating. I wasn't the only one sucked into this world. The Hunger Games *the 1st book* was made into a movie and will be released on March 23, 2012!! I think I may be more excited about this movie than I was about the Twilight movies.

2. A Song of Fire and Ice series. (A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords) by George R.R. Martin
WikiFullASoIaFSizeEdit.JPG
I have not finished the series. I stopped roughly in the middle of A Storm of Swords. I needed o read something light and easy. This is an amazing series though and is also a show on HBO which I LOVE!


3. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness.
A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1)

Oh my goodness! I read this book in one day! Of course, I stayed up way to late during the week to do it. I LOVED it and I am very excited to read the second book!


4. The Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton

 Very fun and smutty series with fairies,magic and a few sexy scenes.

5. Blood Ties by Kay Hooper

Blood Ties (Blood, #3) (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #12)
 Loved these book.. It is dark and twisty. It's part of a larger series 12 books so far with 13 coming soon. It's got violence, magical elements and crime fighting!


6. Pale Demon by Kim Harrison
Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows #9)

This is book number nine in The Hollows series. I was not disappointed! This series is a must read for fan of the Sookie Stackhouse novels.  Just read the series!


7. The Sabrina Kane series.

Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1)The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3)

Very fun series. Magic,vampires and family drama! I'll be reading book four as soon as I get my hands on it.





I've noticed a theme in my reading choices. Vampires, magic,witches, demons and fantasy. I think I'm drawn to these books because there are soooo vastly different from the real world.


Here's a link to my goodreads books list. If you're a bookworm like me you'll love goodreads. Check it out.


my read shelf:
Jenna's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)


I'm also linked up with The Nester and her linky of books read in 2011.



What were you favorite reads of 2011? What do you plan to read in 2012?




No comments: